To transform pancreatic cancer treatment through frontline research to improve outcomes for all patients.
The Alliance of Families Fighting Pancreatic Cancer (AFFPC) will take a united and pivotal role in changing pancreatic cancer treatment by empowering patients with personalized options for better survival and quality of life.
- Focus on patient-centered treatment planning and quality of care for all stages of pancreatic cancer
- Encourage the end to “one-size-fits-all” decisions about pancreatic cancer treatment
- Promote involving patients in meaningful decision-making by ensuring they have all the information and tools needed to understand their best choices
- Support the creation of the first-ever clinical biomarker to diagnose and treat pancreatic cancer
- Work to improve attitudes about pancreatic cancer and treatment possibilities among primary care providers, specialists and other healthcare professionals which enables patients and families to take constructive action
- help and support innovative research that can change expectations, approaches and outcomes for pancreatic cancer